in 17 countries
- What is a dedicated server? A dedicated server is a server used by a user solely. A dedicated server contains only the data of a particular user or a company.
- How to use a proxy server on a dedicated server? You can set up any proxy server on your dedicated server. Then, configure your server in a way to redirect all the traffic through the proxy server tunnel.
- What is the best Linux for VPS? The best Linux for VPS is Slackware, Mageia, Arch Linux, Oracle Linux, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- How to get admin on a dedicated server? If you are setting the server up, the first user in the list is an admin. If you need to set up an admin, move to the User Rights Assignment Option. There, you can assign admin rights to any user or yourself.
Whenever you are looking for a qualitative solution to host your data, you will find many options. However, if you are dealing with sensitive or important information, you might want to consider an option like a dedicated server Zurich or a VPS Zurich.
It will depend on what kind of data you are working with and how important confidentiality is. Besides, such a factor as prices should be considered. Only if you check all the possible options and their pros and cons, you will be able to select the best solution for you and your business.
VPS: Pros and Cons and When You Should Opt for It
Many businesses consider VPS in Frankfurt as an optimal solution to keep their data and to handle their business processes. A VPS can be compared to a room in a shared flat, to make things clearer. On the same server, you are given a space where you can run all your processes. Only you have access to it. You run your own OS copy as if you were using a private server.
If you don’t have too high requirements to a VPS functionality, it might be a good option for you. However, before going for it, please consider the following cons:
- A VPS in Zurich might have issues with speed if there are too many people using its services at the moment. It can be pretty bad if you need continuous performance for some e-commerce solution, for example.
- One more disadvantage is definitely the cost of the service. It might sound absurd because it is a common belief that a VPS solution is cheaper than a dedicated solution. However, this statement is correct up to a certain point. The thing is that in the case with a VPS, you pay for what you use. The more resources you use and the higher the functionality becomes, the more you pay.
Well, at some point, it is cheaper to get a dedicated server than continue paying for the solution that doesn’t belong to you.
Dedicated Server and When You Should Consider It
At some point, a VPS is not the best option anymore. If you are too demanding to your hosting provider or if the functionality that your solution needs is high, then, at some point, VPS rental becomes too expensive. In this case, a dedicated server in Zurich could be a better option. Moreover, you might prefer a dedicated solution if your business is growing fast and if you need the performance to be at the top level all the time.
Hence, opting for a solution without investigating about its pros and cons is not wise. Standard beliefs might be erroneous at some time.