in 17 countries
- What is the difference between cloud server and dedicated server? A dedicated server is hosted on hardware, it is a physical server. A cloud server is hosted in a cloud.
- How to know if my VPS is safe? To make sure your VPS is safe, use SSH only to log into the server. The root account shall be disabled. All the needed security updates shall be installed.
- What is bandwidth in VPS? Bandwidth means the data volume that you can transfer within your plan. Here, both downloads and uploads are included.
- What is a fully managed dedicated server? A service provider manages all the technical things behind the running of a physical server: setup, management, maintenance, and so on.
Whenever you are looking for a qualitative solution to host your data, you will find many options. However, if you are dealing with sensitive or important information, you might want to consider an option like a dedicated server Zurich or a VPS Zurich.
It will depend on what kind of data you are working with and how important confidentiality is. Besides, such a factor as prices should be considered. Only if you check all the possible options and their pros and cons, you will be able to select the best solution for you and your business.
VPS: Pros and Cons and When You Should Opt for It
Many businesses consider VPS in Frankfurt as an optimal solution to keep their data and to handle their business processes. A VPS can be compared to a room in a shared flat, to make things clearer. On the same server, you are given a space where you can run all your processes. Only you have access to it. You run your own OS copy as if you were using a private server.
If you don’t have too high requirements to a VPS functionality, it might be a good option for you. However, before going for it, please consider the following cons:
- A VPS in Zurich might have issues with speed if there are too many people using its services at the moment. It can be pretty bad if you need continuous performance for some e-commerce solution, for example.
- One more disadvantage is definitely the cost of the service. It might sound absurd because it is a common belief that a VPS solution is cheaper than a dedicated solution. However, this statement is correct up to a certain point. The thing is that in the case with a VPS in Milan, you pay for what you use. The more resources you use and the higher the functionality becomes, the more you pay.
Well, at some point, it is cheaper to get a dedicated server than continue paying for the solution that doesn’t belong to you.
Dedicated Server and When You Should Consider It
At some point, a VPS is not the best option anymore. If you are too demanding to your hosting provider or if the functionality that your solution needs is high, then, at some point, VPS rental becomes too expensive. In this case, a dedicated server in Zurich could be a better option. Moreover, you might prefer a dedicated solution if your business is growing fast and if you need the performance to be at the top level all the time.
Hence, opting for a solution without investigating about its pros and cons is not wise. Standard beliefs might be erroneous at some time.